Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Why?

Why do not so good things happen to good people? I ask myself this a lot lately. I recently returned from Yuma, were I spent time with my sister, Kimberly while she endured a "lumpectomy". A routine mammogram discovered an eraser size lump that was malignant. It was removed. We are waiting to hear more about this "alien" as she jokingly refers to it, from her doctor to find out how they will press forward with chemo or radiation. But, "Why Kim? Why her?" She is a great sister, daughter, granddaughter, mother and "Nana". She has taken on the roll of "Nana" to her grandson Leven, who lives with her full time. She is a manager and decision maker by day and a student and a homework writtin' fool by night! It is amazing to me how dispite all the heartaches, disappointments and struggles in her life, she is able to pull herself upward and not only manage, but continue to blossom and progress! She is wonderful woman! A great example to me. I am thankful to call her sister and friend.
Please remember her in your prayers.

3 comments:

Sabra said...

I'm proud to call her friend and HOMEOWNER! Yeah!

Laydee said...

we love you at kim

kimberly said...

Thanks :)