Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, November 10, 2008

I SUCK!

I suck as a friend. :(
I have been terrible with keeping in touch with those that are important to me, who aren't nearby. I have one friend in particular; This very special friend, who is like a little sister to me, who I adore and think is a great person!
We "grew up" together. We have been there for each other through many challenges and triumphs. For the past 8 years, our paths have taken different turns. She got married and started a beautiful family and I divorced and had to begin again.
I regret that I have allowed our distance to hinder our relationship and I regret that I haven't been as diligent in calling, emailing and occasionally visiting her... :(

There was a time in my life that I lost a good friend to cancer. I didn't go to the hospital to tell her "goodbye" because she didn't want anyone to see her in her weak state. I honored that. She passed away a few days later and I never got to tell her what a good person, mother, wife and friend she was...she never knew that I valued her friendship and the person that she was...I promised myself that I wouldn't allow the ones who were close to me to ever doubt my love...

I failed to keep that promise when my life became complete chaos.
I failed to think of my distant friend...
I hope she will forgive me and let me re-commit myself to her as a friend and confidant.
You know who you are~I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me, my flaws, and let me start again.
Love, Me.

2 comments:

Granni P said...

hey Wendy, if you are blogging at 3am you probably need the sunlight to see how beautiful you are! Things always look better in the light (except wrinkles and cellulite) and never tell everyone else you suck. And especially not yourself. Make this a great day. Remember when we would email the new word we learned for the day? I remember but have forgotten the meaning of the words. Visit me at my blog. thelemmonfamily.blogspot.com

Laydee said...

at blogging... :)