Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Dad!



Okay, so this is my father, Thom and my mother, Jacqueline. 
I have no idea when this was taken, but it is one of my favorite photos.

My dad is one of my best friends.  He is a quiet man, with a great sense of humor.  I would like to think that I inherited my sense of humor from him, but he is by far more quick witted.  He is a handy man, jack of all trades, master of none; who retired from the same job that he has held since about 1966. 
Very consistent and very predictable. 
My dad has always been my hero.

This is my brother, Bryan, Mom, Kim, Dad, and me!

When I was a little girl, I would go with him on different errands and I remember holding his hand and thinking to myself, "I am going to marry him". 
Then I found out that I couldn't...and I cried. 
 He has been a wonderful advisor, hug-giver,
and support system for as
long as I remember. 
He won't get into your "business" unless you ask him for advice...
and when he gives his advice, it is priceless.

My father only spanked me once in my life.  And I deserved it. 
He taught me a lot with that one spanking that has resonated within me, even still today...discipline, respect, courage, trust, and love. 
I love you, Dad.  Happy Father's Day!



This is Britney, Tess, Dad, and Shay

I must mention, behind every good man is an even better woman, my step-mother, Jackie, she is the best.  I am so thankful to her, for loving my father, and loving us girls.
Thanks, Jackie!  I miss you!


1 comment:

Tina said...

What a nice post. I love the pictures. The little picture of you looks so much like your girls.