
My sister and I were discussing not too long ago the outcome of her chemotherapy...hair loss was the one topic that we kept reverting back to. I made the comment that I should come and shave her head, and in the process I would make a Mohawk first followed by several odd hair cuts until it was all finally shaved down to nothing...she and I laughed about it. A few days later she text ed me, asking me to come
and bring my clippers. I was a wee bit excited for the chance to shave her red locks into a Mohawk or something...but when I arrived and began the process of shaving her head, all of a sudden what was once funny to us, didn't seem all that funny anymore...we wept. It wasn't a weeping for the loss of her hair...it will surely grow back. But for the loss of her "self"... My brave sister now sports a lovely crew cut that is actually not that bad looking on her perfectly round head! And all these years I thought she was a cone head!
and bring my clippers. I was a wee bit excited for the chance to shave her red locks into a Mohawk or something...but when I arrived and began the process of shaving her head, all of a sudden what was once funny to us, didn't seem all that funny anymore...we wept. It wasn't a weeping for the loss of her hair...it will surely grow back. But for the loss of her "self"... My brave sister now sports a lovely crew cut that is actually not that bad looking on her perfectly round head! And all these years I thought she was a cone head! Stay strong Kim...stay strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment