For those of you who know me know that I am "not much of a reader"-so I think that is why I am "not much of a writer". I do have thoughts. Thoughts that have, when shared been useful and appreciated. Some not so appreciated when shared as well...but I am only human.
So lately I have been thinking about what to write on the ol' blog. Using photos has been helpful for me-sometimes it's hard to express myself-I am too emotional and let that part of me, get the best of me. Having said that, I will just put some thoughts down-not random-though to you they may be.
My friend's oldest son left for his mission-she's been so sad. It's interesting to watch her. She sent him his first "greenie" package-everything green (and white) to celebrate his new adventure. Such a cool lady.
My oldest daughter recently bore her testimony and urged Heidi and I to join her. I did. I think once you are a mother, you never stop being a mother. Even though your children are parents themselves, they still need you. It's good to know this.
I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and so grateful to be a member. Am I living the way the Lord wants me to live? Am I setting the best example I can? I have thought a lot about Charity and Elder Uctchdor's talk "Of The Things That Matter Most"... I want to focus on the things that matter most more now that I ever have...why is that?
I am timing my prayers-I want to talk to God at least 20 minutes a day. Without interruptions...This experience has blessed my life.
As I age, I am learning to be better at many things...my trials are helping me become more like my Savior.
One of my children is upset with me. When I pray to know what to do, I feel peace...and know that I should just wait. This is extreamly hard.
I want Heidi to learn homemaking skills. She does not seem too thrilled!
I miss my parents. They are living. But living and loving somewhere else. I don't see them enough.
Being Jeremy's wife is fun and easy. He makes me want to be a better person.
Because of him, I think I am.
I love my friends-far and near. I don't see them enough either.
I don't sing enough. I clean too much. I need to change that!
I love my job. I love being home more.
One of my friends might lose her home-she lost her job and they are really struggling. This makes my heart sad. I am so thankful for everything I have.
Elder David Bednar says, "As members of the church we all need to be true to what we know. I believe every member of this church has a testimony. A testimony is what we know to be true. Not intellectually but by the power of the Holy Ghost. I'm not so sure every member of this church is converted to the Lord, Jesus Christ. Because as we are increasingly converted, we become more consistant and true to what we know. So it's one thing to know it's true. It's another thing consistantly be true to what we know. The members of the church need to have more than testimonies. They need to be converted. And that produces a spiritual fruit (if you will) that's evident to other people and they will inquire and we should never be ashamed to give a reason for the hope that is in us which is focused on the Lord, Jesus Christ. We need to live what we know."
I want to make that my quote for the year.
2 comments:
In regards to the child upset with you: The Great Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part."
I love you, Loretta. It's pains me to think of my child upset with me. You are always on my mind (Willie).
I love your thoughts and I LOVE the thought by Elder Bednar. I needed to be reminded of that again. Thanks for writing what I needed to read today. :)
Post a Comment