Copy & Paste This Code:

Friday, January 1, 2010

My Bucket List

2 years ago in Relief Society we were asked to quickly write down a few things that we wanted to do before we died.  I have had that list pinned in plain sight to the cork board in my office since I wrote it, to keep reminding me of what I'd like to do.  They aren't fabulous adventures in far away places or plans to meet a celebrity, they are just simple things that I would like to accomplish while I am still here on this earth. 

I have 6 things, 2 of which I have crossed off and I am getting closer to one every day and will for sure complete it by this year.  Some will take longer, and one I am not so sure that I will ever reach. 


But they are mine and here they are:
1. Watch my children all marry in the temple and raise their children in the gospel
2. Be thinner-run a marathon
3. Obtain a higher education
4. Re-marry (this one has been checked off!)
5. Become debt free (this one is in sight)
6. Have a home (which is also checked off)

I am sure I could have gone into more detail and picked some really cool goals, like donate countless time and money to charities, see the play Phantom of the Opera in New York, parasail over the Pacific, but in the end, this is what I'd like to be able to say that I've done.  Happy New Year!

No comments: