Copy & Paste This Code:

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bryan Wayne

37 years ago today, my parents, sisters and I lost Bryan in a horrible accident. He was eight years old. I was 5. I saw the accident in our back yard. He was riding a horse, one of his favorite things to do and because her mane had been roached, Bryan tied himself to the horse using two lead lines. The horse lost her footing while making a turn and Bryan fell,
but couldn't fall off...she drug him through a fence and field...
My grandma came and took him to the hospital.
Mom was still recovering from having a c-section from giving birth
to my premature-born sister, Kathleen...Dad was working.
I remember that day very clearly.
My parents later were having a discussion with my Aunt Bonnie who mentioned her beliefs...she told them that Families could be Together-Forever. My dad was very intrigued by this notion, as he had no religious up-bringing. My parents took the missionary discussions
and were baptised, along with my sister, Kimberly.
I was too young. I remember crying because
I wasn't allowed to get baptised too!
On my 12th birthday, we were all sealed as a
forever family in the Washington D.C. temple.
Another day that I remember very clearly.
I don't know how we would have been introduced to the gospel if Bryan hadn't left us when he did. I just know that everything happens for a reason.
Heavenly Father has a purpose and knows each of us,
individually and collectively.
For this knowledge, I am grateful.