I wish I had a photo of my mother to post, but I don't...sad. Her 66th birthday was yesterday, February 27th. She was born in 1943. I called her yesterday to wish her a great birthday. It was good to hear her up-beat, cheerful voice. But sad as well. You see, my mother suffered a stroke almost 3 years ago and is slowly progressing with Dementia. It has been difficult the past 3 years on all of us. Especially her. She remembers the past, but not the present. She told me yesterday that she "freaks" out sometimes because she knows that she can't remember, and can't "fix" it. I can only imagine what that would be like... Jacquie, used to braid all the pom-pon girl's hair on my squad, every Saturday morning, during the 4 years that I was on the drill team. Every teenager that I brought to my house LOVED my mom! She was a different person then. She was happily married. She was a stay at home mom with me, being a teenager and my little sister who was approaching her teen years. Life was pretty good. It makes me sad that things have to change sometimes. Sometimes change isn't needed. I guess though, we wouldn't appreciate the things we had, if we never lost them, or they didn't change in one way or another...
Happy Birthday Mom, I miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment